Update: Since this content was published, We've released VIPM Pro 2012 which includes all of the features described below, and more, in a new lower price. Click here to compare editions.
JKI is pleased to announce the release of VI Package Manager (VIPM) 2011.0.1. This release fixes a number of outstanding issues reported by VIPM users and community members. All users should upgrade.
If you're already a VIPM user, you'll be prompted to install this update the next time you launch VIPM. If you don't have VIPM 2011 yet, get it here for free.
New Fixes in VIPM 2011.0.1
A few of the notable fixes in VIPM 2011.0.1 are listed below. Click here for the full release notes.
- Fixed an issue that made some LabVIEW Tools Network views unusable under certain Windows XP themes.
- Fixed cosmetic issues with Windows "Large Font" settings.
- Fixed an issue that broke previously-working package builds if they included hyphens and periods in their names.
- Fixed multiple causes of crashes on VIPM startup.
- Improved error message when the user tries to install a set of mutually conflicting packages.
Do you have an idea for how to improve VIPM? Is there some way VIPM can make you better at your job? Visit the VIPM Idea Exchange, where VIPM users can interact directly with each other and the VIPM development team and let us know!